After a four-week trial period, Hunkemöller opened the first HKMX sportswear store in Berlin on the 29th April.
Click https://www.hunkemoller.de/de_de/sport.html. for more information on the store.
The store is designed as a ‘concept store’ and is located on Rosenthaler Straße 50 in Mitte, one of the Berlin’s boroughs. The store reflects the latest trends in interior design to give customers the perfect shopping experience.
Hunkemöller’s CEO Philip Mountford explains, ‘HKMX has seen rapid development over the past two and a half years. In 2016, it achieved a turnover of 20 million EUR. As part of our strategic plan, we have identified the potential of separating HKMX from Hunkemöller, the parent brand, in order to create an autonomous sports concept.
We have conducted a huge amount of market research, which has shown that both our ‘Sheroes’ and our future customers with a similar profile believe in the product, the marketing, and the store concept. The results from this research have given us a clear picture of the HKMX brand’s future potential. We selected Berlin’s Rosenthaler Straße because of its variety of stores, which include all the big sports brands.
After the opening of the Berlin store, we’ll be opening another three HKMX stores this year. Our long-term strategy is to open fifty stores in the coming five years.’
Covering 120 m2, Hunkemöller’s store has integrated various functions to bring the HKMX brand to life.
- A ‘social media wall’ with a built-in selfie camera is the perfect way of enabling visitors to share their shopping experience on the spot – content will be posted right away. The wall also includes an Instagram feed with Hunkemöller tags.
- Three HKMX fitting rooms with locker doors create that ‘gym vibe’, complete with custom-made designs such as a map of Berlin and fitness instructions on the wall.
- A body scanner measures fitness levels.
- A separate wall for sports’ bras is fitted with an interactive touchscreen (‘Sports’ bra finder’) to help you find the perfect bra for your intensity of sport.
- A mobile POS system enables the Hunkemöller omnichannel experience (‘order in store’).
- The vivid pink HKMX logo and the ‘X’ are integrated into the design of the ceiling and the wooden panels behind the till.
- Urban influences: brick walls and concrete floors
- ‘Gymspiration’: benches and ballet barres for product presentation.
The store concept has been developed by Storeage in close consultation with Hunkemöller’s
Global Retail Experience Manager, Britta Hall. She explains,
‘The design of our stores was inspired by “Shero”: our most important female customer. The shop exudes the same fashionable design as the HKMX collection, but with a sporty twist and authentic details. Our omnichannel expertise is built into functions such as the social
wall and a mobile POS system Unique fragrances and specially selected music create an energetic vibe, guaranteeing an enjoyable shopping experience.’
Thanks to the HKMX Collection’s range of sports bras and varied usage of materials, it’s suitable for both low and high-intensity sports. The collection brings together designs with a modern twist that accentuate the feminine figure thanks to their monochrome colour palette and understated hues and prints.
HKMX Store, Rosenthaler Straße 50, Berlin-Mitte